Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Bi-Wing Flight

Catching up on some of this past summer's adventures, this slide show is of a bi-wing flight Josh and I took while we were at Boeing Museum of Flight in late July. He and his friend, Sam, were to take the flight, but Sam opted out at the last minute. I decided to go in his place, and off we went for a 20 minutes flight over Seattle. When it came time to turn around and head back to Boeing Field, the pilot asked us if we wanted a gentle turn or a "high energy" turn. I opted for the gentle turn, much to Josh's displeasure. However, as we were on our way back to Boeing Field we circled at the end of the runway to wait for one of the Blue Angels to take off. As soon as he took off he immediately went vertical. It was impressive to see with the "front row" seats we had. Our pilot nosed our plane up to watch the Blue Angel, which did result in the high energy turn Josh originally wanted as he banked down and around for our approach. The flight ended all too soon, and I surprised myself by getting over my fear of heights while being in the open air cockpit. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again!


No comments: